Monday, August 26, 2024

exploring blog archives: prastund.blogg.se, august-december 2009

I’ve been on a fashion blog kick as of late, so I wanted to switch things up this week.  Pratstund.blogg.se was the blog of Elin, a Swedish teenager who documented all facets of her day-to-day, from hang outs with friends to daily breakfasts to OOTDs.  But the main thing that drew me to her blog was the writing she shared about her life.  While Google translate hardly does her posts justice, it honestly made me a little emotional to see how aspects of the teenage experience are shared across cultures and time periods.  In one post, she writes “I am restless and tired of everything following the same pattern. Tomorrow is already the first day of October. I don't really understand how everything can go so fast. It doesn't feel like I'm keeping up at all,” which sounds like something that was taken out of my high school journal. In another, she says “school has started and we have to find an internship in less than two weeks. I have no idea what I want to do or where. I drown the sadness and panic about this in coffee.”  I mean, I’m well into my 20s and still feel the same way.  It’s hard to truly capture all the angst, anger, and excitement of one’s teen years, but I think Elin does it justice through her blog: 





























No comments:

Post a Comment