Monday, August 12, 2024

Exploring blog archives: purpleasme.tumblr.com, 2011-2012

If the words “blackmilk,” “romwe,” or “galaxy print legging” give you a visceral reaction, please proceed carefully. Purpleasme.tumblr.com showcases many a 2010’s fashion crime, ranging from random crosses to skeleton bodysuits to, yes, the infamous black milk galaxy leggings.  



It’s basically impossible to exaggerate the degree to which every tumblr-obsessed girl I knew wanted to dress like her.  Her OOTDs, simply put, epitomize 2011 tumblr style.  





Scrolling through her blog archive, I can’t help but wonder if galaxy print is going to come back.  I mean, Dior did send it down the runway in 2022, but I feel like it’s so heavily associated with the early 2010’s that most gen-zers would be put off by it (unless worn ironically).  But perhaps gen alpha has fonder memories of seeing older kids sporting starry shirts and upside-down crosses and would be inclined to revive it.  I’ll be honest though, I do have a soft spot for the galaxy trend—it just feels sooo internet-y to me that I can’t help but be a fan. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment