Monday, September 11, 2023

exploring blog archives: greedy-greedy-greedy august-december 2012

The way I screamed when I first found this blog. omg.  


greedy-greedy-greedy.blogspot.com was the blog of Haruna Yokoya, f.k.a. DJ Barbie, a Tokyo-born, L.A.-based DJ/clothing designer/creative. Scrolling through her blog, you'll come across lots of party snaps, trendy 2010s outfits, and L.A. cool girl vibes—she was everything I wanted to be in 2012. 


Unfortuantely, all good things must come to an end: Haruna's short blogging stint ended in December 2012, 7 months after she started. Her DJ/party days are long over as well; she's now a momfluencer and clothing brand owner with three daughters. I wonder if her daughters have any idea how cool she was back in the day. 


I'll definitely be sharing another round of blog posts from her Haruna, so keep an eye out. In the meantime, peep some of my favorite photos of hers below:

Wednesday, December 12, 2012: CANDY DREAMER



Thursday, December 6, 2012: 686 BLACK AND WHITE PARTY

If only I had seen this post a couple of weeks ago......










also let's take a moment to appreciate her blog background image lol:





No comments:

Post a Comment