Friday, July 14, 2023

flickr finds friday: Melanie Dawn Harter

Okay, I don’t know about you, but Melanie Dawn Harter’s photos were all over my tumblr and pinterest boards in 2012, and if you were an avid user of those sites (and if you have the misfortune of knowing what a quality blog is), some of these should look pretty familiar.


This one in particular was everywhere. The rainbow dyed french braided hair had a chokehold on me.

I think a lot of people criticize 2010s fashion for being boring, but Melanie shows that bold, colorful styles were definitely a thing as well—kind of like the last hurrah the ‘80s would have on the trend cycle before we all shifted towards the minimalist ‘90s. In fact. her bold locks got noticed by manic panic, and they featured her in their advertisements and dye instructions: 




I love how she looked like a rainbow at all times and unapologetically expressed herself on her little corner of the internet. Take a look of some of my favorite photos of hers below:











































2 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if she is okay? Am mutuals on insta but she last posted in 2021 then nothing. I cant find any info if shes on hiatus or if anything happened to her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know her personally nor do I follow her on socials, but I found her public facebook which had a post from 2022. I would assume she's stepped away from social media since most of her accounts haven't been updated since 2019. I do hope she's doing okay though.

      Delete