Wednesday, July 12, 2023

what's in my bag: 2010

Welcome to 2010, the year that brought us Instagram, meat dresses, and the swine flu. Social media was still about sharing embarrassing photos of your friends, malls are still a cool place to hang out, and side parts are everywhere. 


the actual definition of iconic

The most defining trend I noticed in people's handbag contents is the popularity of Apple devices. Say goodbye to clunky flip phones, the new generation of tech had arrived. While some people still clung onto their blackberries and nokias, they paired them with ipod touches wrapped in white headphones. 

2010 was, I think, a good year. we were half way through obama's first term, and culturally, there was a general sense of hope. technology was getting better, we were more connected than ever before, and things seemed to progressing in the right direction. A shame it all fell apart. 

But I digress. Looking at these photos, I'm reminded of what I used to carry in my backpack back in the day - namely orbit gum, an ipod shuffle, headphones, and a copy of teen vogue. what did you carry back then?






the bath and body works hand sanitizer gives me war flashbacks to middle school 





the nintendo....the flip cam.....the field notes......

my friend had that same vera bradley wristlet

I had the same ipod. not sure why I went with yellow. my favorite color back then was blue. 



sorry but evian water is god tier


rip nylon </3





















the polaroids....the apple sticker on the notebook...exactly




No comments:

Post a Comment